August 31 is National Trail Mix Day! So I went online and asked the women from the Women Wine Writers group what they would pair with Trail Mix.
Here are some of their responses:
- The Wine Predator: Bubbles go with everything...but seriously, what kind of trail mix? When will the trail mix be consumed? I did the whole Pacific Crest Trail...and made many variations of trail mix! If it was darker chocolates and richer nuts and after dinner/moonlit hike then a port or a sherry could be tasty also!
- The Wild Walla Walla Wine Woman: Definitely bubbles and an affordable one, as well. Like a cava or a prosecco. Or if you could find a "natural-organic-whatever" one, makes it all the more interesting.
- Marlene Rossman: Bubbly is great, but a nice chilled rose in the summer rocks!
- Wine Harlots: Pinot with Trader Joe's Handful of Almonds, Cashews & Cranberries.
- Meg Houston Maker: Chocolate and peanuts are a very, very challenging wine pairing! Maybe Gewürz or sweeter Riesling. Do avoid red wine with peanuts.
Sekt, preferably trocken (which means off-dry in German sparklers) not brut.
Who knew a question like "What wine would you pair with Trail Mix?" would lead to such a fun discussion!